Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2016

A Day with the Grandkids, January 25, 2016

Welcome to my post, today I am linking with-

In a Vase on Monday hosted by Cathy, accept Cathy's challenge to find something to put in a vase on Monday

Today's flowers hosted by Denise

Saturday's Critters hosted by Eileen

Macro Monday 2 hosted by Gemma and Mystical Magical Teacher


I Heart Macro hosted by Laura

Today I spent the day babysitting my younger grandkids while the older kids were on a field trip to the state capitol, so I photographed my DIL's flower arrangement from a store, I don't know the names of all the flowers, but there is some silver dollar Eucalyptus, sprays of a small purple flower, orange daisy-type flowers, and orange Alstroemerias.  In the first photo is one of the Perler bead creations, which tend to be from Minecraft, that my grandkids are fascinated to create at present-


More Perler bead creations,
A fish, I think-

Their real Gourami fish, rather shy-

Their Silkie chickens, they look like Dr. Seuss chickens and are too bright to photograph well; they delight in each other's company-

Here is one when she was a chick, they actually have bluish-black skin and beaks, even bones, I've read-

Looking at the silkies makes me think of snow and snowdrifts, I hope the winter weather is treating you well.    -Hannah


©Weeding on the Wild Side, all rights reserved.   I enjoy reading your comments, and will visit your blog and leave comments there if possible, but I am not able to do so if google + is the only option.  I would like to return your visit so leave an URL to your blog or email address.



20 comments:

  1. What a lovely day you must have had with your grandkids. I enjoyed your flowers and your chicks very much Hannah, and thank you for being such a good friend to Today's Flowers. Have a great week.

    p.s. Thank you also for id'ing my flowers in my TF post. Very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise, it was a very long day starting at 6:45 am, when I am never that early arising. It made it hard for me to do the In a Vase on Monday post, so I had to settle for my DIL's flowers.

      Delete
  2. I could hear our chickens chucking 'I've laid, I've laid' as I admire the picture of your pretty floofy silkies - thanks for showing them, and the intriguing Perler bead creations. I am looking forward to creating with our grandchildren in due course! I also liked to see those alstoemerias - I struggle to get them to grow but actuallymanaged a few blooms last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandkids' Silkies are really cute, and friendly. They are good layers too, I collected 2 brown eggs from the other 5 strange breeds of hens they have, and 2 small white eggs from the silkies. I wanted to grow some Alstroemerias this year but was starting so many other flowers I decided to go with more sure things.

      Delete
  3. Hello Hannah, The flower arrangement is beautiful. I love the flowers. The silkies chicken are so pretty, so fluffy. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen, your bird photos and travels are always fun to see.

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures. I'm sure you had a wonderful day with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorothy, it was fun. I'm so looking forward to my flowers blooming outside so I will have something to put in a vase here.

      Delete
  5. Lovely bouquet! I'm sure you had a fun day with the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lea, it is always interesting to see what they are up to, always something different.

      Delete
  6. Kinda fun to see what you came up with away from home (and with the distraction, a happy one, of playing with grandkids).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a long day- 11 hours. I'm not used to diverting little kids for that period of time, but fun to play with them.

      Delete
  7. So wonderful to interact with little ones...love the chickens...always have. They look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Noelle, the little Silkies are amazing to me. If I were going to keep chickens again I would consider them, they are supposed to be excellent brooders too, and so friendly.

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful series Hannah… so glad you had special time with your grandchildren. That little chick is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura, I don't have an outside job so I can be free to babysit my grandkids. Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  9. the silkies are such cute and goofy chickens. :)

    (no telling the whistlers apart - not even male from female. just juvenile from adult).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Theresa, if I had the whistler ducks to look at all day, I don't know if I would get much work done....

      Delete
  10. Looks like a special time with the younger grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a fun day! Interesting about the blue skin and bones of the Silkie chickens!

    ReplyDelete