Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2016

Over the Moon April 11, 2016

The excitement of spring continues to amaze.    Today I am linking with-

Today's flowers hosted by Denise

In a Vase on Monday hosted by Cathy


Macro Monday 2 hosted by Gemma and Mystical Magical Teacher

The cow had a growing feeling she was forgetting something, so she went for a stroll in the garden and soon remembered-


The many delicate little blue flowers were somehow very soothing-

After several days, the Forget-Me-Nots had grown taller-

The early flowers continue to amaze me, here is the shade garden I showed before here, now the columbines have begun to bloom as well-

My seed-grown Primulas from several years ago, these are the ones that survived where others did not, some of the mixed Cowslips turned out to be red-

In addition my large Stylophorum diphyllum bloomed but seems to blow rather fast, I saw a smaller version with many small flowers I hope to find this year-

The named Geums started blooming as well, in their lovely orange shades, the tall Totally Tangerine-


The short Queen of Orange-

And the delectable Mango Lassi, named for a drink, I think-

And now for this Monday's vase, I accepted Cathy's challenge to plonk some flowers in a vase, it is rather a mish-mash of colors, starting with variegated Vinca major with blue-purple flowers, Daphne tangutica,with white flowers backed in magenta, that surpasses the lilacs in wafting fragrance through my garden and perfuming the air.  I added spiky flowers of a darker Ajuga,  a couple of Fritillary flowers discovered late, with their darling checkerboards, and a sprig of my seed-grown Primula cowslips that turned out to be a delightful red-




I hope those in the Northeast US are getting some of their spring back, the weather has been quite nice here, even a couple of hotter days but back to cool now.     Hannah

©Weeding on the Wild Side, all rights reserved.   I enjoy reading your comments, and will visit your blog and leave comments there if possible, but I am not able to do so if google + is the only option.  I would like to return your visit so leave an URL to your blog or email address.

-





25 comments:

  1. Great mix of flowers in your vase. Do you find Fritillaria fairly easy to grow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! About my Fritillary flowers, I have trouble with voles and bulbs tend not to last long, the Fritillaries have returned for the 3rd year but don’t seem to multiply. I'm always pleased to see them come up though.

      Delete
  2. Hello, I am looking forward to some warm spring days and seeing flowers blooming. What a lovely post, your flowers are gorgeous. I love the cute cow vase. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen, I wish I could get some bird shots. Spring is so much fun, watching the usual succession of flowers and hoping they will all show up.

      Delete
  3. That cow with the forget-me-nots is wonderful, Hannah! And the vase is a beautiful celebration of the glories of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kris, the cow creamer makes a fun vase, and I've seen others on IaVoM. I enjoy the fragrance of the Dapne so much when working in the yard.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful blossoms Hannah… I especially enjoyed the forget me nots in the little cow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura, they have done well lasting several days and growing too.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro Hannah… what a joy that they are lasting.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful flowers in your photos, and like the little cow vase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda, this is such a treasured time of year for me, to see the flowers returning and putting on such a show. And to know I planted them (mostly).

      Delete
  6. How lovely to see your geum and primula and columbine blooms, Hannah - I was excited to find buds on my columbine today! I thought your vase was going to be your lovely cow, so was surprised to find another vase at the end of the post! You may feel it is a bit of a mish-mash but there is lots of interest in it and how nice to have some fragrance too. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy, I had been wanting to use my cow creamer and the Forget-Me-Nots were just too irresistble but I had other flowers for the actual Monday vase.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra, it has been cheery having it in my kitchen.

      Delete
  8. Hannah our weather has gotten better...how lovely to see so many gorgeous flowers growing....and I just love the mix in the vase....but oh that cow is perfect with the blue flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna, I hope you will soon be able to enjoy the full glories of spring too. I'm glad you liked my flowers and cow creamer.

      Delete
  9. All pretty flowers, but the Mango Lassi is outstandingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lea, Mango Lassi is my favorite too, I slowly have been collecting them, even though the wild Geums in my yard are bad weeds.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful flowers Hannah and how clever to use the little cow for a vase. It looks so pretty. I have a milk jug very similar to this one. You have sown a seed. Thank you :) and thank you for sharing with Today's Flowers. Always so very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise, I've been a gardener a long time, but have been learning the fine details about cutting and showing off flowers from the In a Vase on Monday bloggers. And I find new flowers that I am tempted to grow there too.

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful mix of early spring flowers you have and I do love the cow. I have a creamer just like her except mine is blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorothy, one of my major goals in the 22 years we have lived here is to plant for succession of blooms. One of the In a Vase on Monday ladies has cow pitcher arrangements, which inspired me. Actually any vessel that holds water can and has been used for flower arrangements. ;-)

      Delete
  12. The forget-me-nots in your cow 'vase' are lovely, as well as your spring vase full of colour. There is just so much to choose from at this time of year, isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, so many choices- thanks, Cathy! I'm not sure what to do next week.

    ReplyDelete