Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Blue Macro Mandarin Orange Mellow Yellows Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas! Welcome to my Monday post, today I am linking with-

Blue Monday hosted by Smiling Sally

Macro Monday 2 hosted by Gemma Wiseman

I Heart Macro hosted by Laura

Mandarin Orange Monday hosted by Lorik

Monday Mellow Yellows hosted by Gemma Wiseman

Some "Charlie Brown" ornaments I collected many years ago, along with a copper enamel Christmas tree I made long ago-

The tree with a small Swedish Dala horse-

The crown of a hat I just finished knitting, with the edges folded under so it can be worn like a beret-

Or flat it can be worn to cover the ears. The first area of pattern is random rows of 6 or 4 K and P stitches, the fuchsia and yellow part is a two-color pattern where two rows are knitted of each color, and stitches that are passed continue across the other color's row.

A continuation of my winter seed-growing progress, here Coreopsis at 30 and 37 days after sowing-

And here after transplanting into individual pots; Coreopsis 'Sunburst' is nice to transplant since it is not leggy and keeps the base of the plant right at the soil level, on the left; on the right is Monarda citriodora, just a little leggy so adjusted deeper when planting-

And here waiting to be transplanted at 37 days, Browallia speciosa on the left and Echinacea 'Bravado' on the right, with Monarda 'Bergamo' behind on the right, and Side-Oats Grama behind on the left which is not doing very well so far-

After the holidays I plan to plant another group of seeds and take some that are stratifying in the refrigerator out to warm up under the lights.   Within a month or so I also plan to start some tomatoes.

Happy Holidays, I will have my daughter's family with one grandson traveling up to spend it with us and my son's family with 5 grandkids, and my daughter that lives up here, 6 grandkids total.  I wish you a good time of family fun and fellowship.

Hannah

or cameras are macro


28 comments:

  1. I like the colors in the hat, very nicely done. You have really done well with your winter seeds. I will start some seeds in January so they'll be ready in March for planting out and put out a few lettuces and things which can take the cold.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be April or May before I can plant these out, I am experimenting with how early I can plant them and help them bloom early, but still maintain them under lights too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and patterns in your hat! Thanks for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro~ wishing you joy and peace now and always:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I hope you had a wonderful Chanukah.

      Delete
  4. You're going to enjoy this holiday with all of those grandkids. Thanks for linking in today.

    Merry Christmas and
    Happy Blue Monday, Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will especially like seeing them show off their keyboarding musical skills, I've been working with them for a couple of years, after learning from a couple of books they began learning as well from the computer teaching program on the Casio and have progressed very rapidly. Their aunt and cousin will hopefully be impressed, I would like to interest them in some music as well though I would not be around for the weekly lessons.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lea, I hope you have a blessed time as well!

      Delete
  6. Very pretty holiday photos. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Al, I'm glad we presently don't have ice like yours, though the photos are pretty.

      Delete
  7. Such beautiful photos - a very Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lola, same to you, the Scottish genes in me enjoyed your photos of Edinburgh.

      Delete
  8. Very funny, this great all these beautiful figurines!
    Thank you very much! I wish you a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hannah
    Wishing you and all your family and the zillion Grandkids a wonderful Christmas! Hope you get some time to potter in the garden.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wren, I'm sneaking in time to do a little transplanting indoors, still have a lot to go.

      Delete
  10. Love the 'Charlie Brown' festive group and the lovely variety of photos on your post ~ Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and New Year ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love that Swedish Dala horse! Peanuts characters are so fun, you have quite a nice collection! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Jeannie. Perhaps you can tell the horse has been around a long time. The paint jobs on the Peanuts characters are not that perfect anymore either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors, well done.
    Interesting with your seed. Coreopsis I never plant again - that have each time the slugs devoured completely... :-(
    Have a great holiday time, greetings from the distant Germany

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas! I haven't actually grown Coreopsis before so I hope the slugs don't eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful photos! like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The hat is made of so many beautiful colours. I love the Charlie Brown ornaments. And I can't wait to start some seeds but it's way too early here in Ontario. :) All the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha so sweet the Charly Brown family ;) Your beanie is beautiful and all the lil plants reminds me to try some sprouts for salad again...Hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and wish you all the best for the new year to come ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you had a great Christmas, and you're finding some time to relax now. That hat is special! I spend a lot of my winter time crocheting--it seems like a useful winter pasttime and allows me to keep my hands moving. Looks like you have a great start on your 2014 garden. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your have a nice info and i like your post ^___^, obat penyakit syaraf kejepit

    ReplyDelete