Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day, September 15, 2013

Welcome to What's Blooming Now in my garden.  To see what's blooming elsewhere join hostess Carol at May Dreams Gardens by clicking on the link.

Stars of the September garden are the Anemones, japonica and tomentosa.

The last Anemone is in a wide shot of my front porch garden, with the wonderful fragrant Daphne x transylvanica 'Summer Ice' in front, which blooms continuously from spring until fall, followed by a variegated Jasmine, a couple of Choisyas, the Anemone, Schisandra vine, and a cutleaf Japanese Maple, the one featured in my opening shot.

Another star of the garden for the entire summer and fall is the wonderful spreading Geranium Rozanne, here with Baby Blanket rose.

The Heather with the cute purple balloon flowers is very large and covered with flowers-
And a pink heather

My newest plant is a wonderful Veronica spicata 'Summer Border Blue', which unlike my old Veronica has very stiff stems that don't flop, and an intense blue-purple bloom.

Another new plant is Echinacea 'Raspberry Truffle', not a color I would call raspberry but one of my favorite sunset peach/apricot colors.

Other plants blooming are Agastaches, Oreganos, Nasturtiums, Larkspur, Gilia, Zephirine Drouhin rose, and 4 of my new Goldenrods which I will feature on Wildflower Wednesday.

What's blooming in your garden?

-Hannah


18 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your anenome and your echinacea. I would agree "raspberry truffle" probably isn't the best choice of names - maybe "Peach Sherbet" to me it is a nice sherbet color! Blooming in my upstate NY garden: white and orange marigolds, Alaska nasturtiums, cleome, turtlehead, white Japanese Anenome, and several other plants. Happy GBBD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bookworm. Don't those Anemones really make the fall! My nasturtiums are still blooming a little.

      Delete
  2. I like your upright Veronica. A lot of mine tend to slop too, but I have one similar to your blue, that stays nice and straight and tall. Love your Anemones! One of my favorite fall flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison, I'm impressed that my old Veronica has endured a long time, but find it a frustrating plant with the flopping.

      Delete
  3. How pretty your garden is. I love the combination of that geranium and the rose, and the echinacea, whatever you want to call it, is just lovely. Happy Bloom Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorothy, I'm in love with Rozanne. I hope the Echinacea will return next year, it's so pretty but I read somewhere that some fancy Echinacea don't return well.

      Delete
  4. I'm going to have to try out a few Veronicas , this one sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a very low-growing ground cover one too, but I have trouble nearly weeding it out.

      Delete
  5. Lots of pretty colors in your garden!
    I especially like the Veronica 'Summer Border Blue'
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very intense blue, and seems it would bloom a long time too.

      Delete
  6. Love the spidery effect in your second photo Hannah....thanks for sharing!

    Happy Monday,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't all the little flower buds coming on amazing!

      Delete
  7. So much loveliness in your garden this month. Like you I love the anemones! The bees seem to enjoy them, too. The deep pink is especially pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gail, they are wonderful bloomers. I got brave and did root cuttings this year and planted the little plants recently, so maybe they will even start blooming next year, I hope.

      Delete
  8. Hannah lots still blooming in your garden. Asters are the star right now for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your colchicums are lovely, so many people seem to be growing them, but I haven't taken the plunge.

      Delete
  9. Wow!!!!! What a lovely garden my one friend's home also having this kind of wonderful garden and all of us sitting over there and enjoy very much and I also love the smell of the roses that are present in his garden.Click Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gertrude! The plant that is wafting wonderful fragrance at this time of the year for me is Elaeagnus ebbingei.

      Delete