Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

Portland Rose Garden, September 23, 2013

Welcome to my Monday post, I am linking with-

Blue Monday hosted by Smiling Sally

Macro Monday 2 hosted by Gemma Wiseman

I Heart Macro hosted by Laura

Mandarin Orange Monday hosted by Lorik

Monday Mellow Yellows hosted by Gemma Wiseman

This week I am featuring a visit to the Portland Or. (City of Roses) Rose Garden.




Lots of roses were still blooming.   I photographed my current favorites, peach-apricot roses, with one exception.   I didn't manage to keep track of names much, many weren't labeled.  Etoile de Feu-






This lavender rose, Lagerfeld, was 6' tall-

This Fuchsia seemed to be climbing up the hedge behind, it contrasts with the wide
Elephant ear leaves below-


There is also a William Shakespeare garden that has tropical looking plants.  Sorry about the poor focus, but this Tibouchina has lots of flowers-


A Crape Myrtle full of blooms-

An Angel Trumpet-

Cape Primrose at home-

So, a sad farewell to Summer, and hello to Autumn, the rainy season is in full swing here now.

or cameras are macro

-Hannah

28 comments:

  1. Morning Hannah,

    That sky is the palest of blues.

    Thanks for being so faithful to Blue Monday, and for sharing your blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping the Cape Primrose would possibly count as a blue, but the 3rd photo from the bottom has a person wearing blue!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, some nice pictures! I like these beautiful frames, excellent garden, wonderful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leovi, that means a lot coming from an artist.

      Delete
  4. oh such an exquisite garden... abundant with luminous blossoms! thanks for sharing the love up-close with i heart macro:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was once at this garden, but the roses were not open yet. Thanks for the view on them in bloom. Love the drenching raindrops on the blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara, the rain cleared up while we were there.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful photo series! Love the lavender rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Birgitta, I love your insect macros, so sharp. The lavender rose was special, over my head and blooming like crazy.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous roses adorned with rain drops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gunilla, I like pink roses but there are so many of them.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful raindrops on roses. And now I have a new place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are a few of my favorite things.;-) I love to get there to see the roses bloom.

      Delete
  9. This garden looks splendid. Such lovely roses. My favourite is the one blushing in mauve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's bewildering being in the presence of so many lovely roses, so I just went for my favorites.

      Delete
  10. Such beautiful roses! Wonderful garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is amazing, being so close in to the city of Portland and a neighborhood.

      Delete
  11. I could spend hours and hours there!
    Thanks for sharing your photos.
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rest of my party went off and left me snapping away, I had to catch up later.

      Delete
  12. Such a lovely display of beautiful roses. I love all the lovely colors and the gorgoeus photography. Have a good week and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really enjoyed getting there while the roses were still blooming, with my company from NYC, we had lunch in Chinatown too.;-P

      Delete
  13. Such a beautiful rose garden. Seems like this summer was far too short and I'm not quite ready for fall! Oh well, time waits for no gardener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer always seems to fly by, but in fall/winter I can spend some time evalulating the last growing season and planning the next, order new seeds, peruse catalogs, start seeds, etc. It's lots of fun for me seeing little seedlings coming up in the winter.

      Delete
  14. Hannah they are all lovely...but the orange roses are my favourites! Beautiful work.
    Thanks for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Lorik. They are my favorites too, but have not been the easiest to keep alive in my garden, which makes me want to photograph them.

    ReplyDelete